Tuesday, August 28, 2018

North Carolina

Some more drawings from my recent North Carolina trip.

The Chatham County Courthouse in Pittsboro. Originally built in 1881.


Just down the road from the courthouse was a huge parking lot, empty except for this little ice cream cart.



A concrete plant in Durham. I drove past it every day. There were some railroad cars parked there which I wanted to draw, but when I finally got the chance to stop there, they were gone! During the day, there were cement trucks constantly coming and going, but when I went after hours, it was empty. And also completely open . . . no gates or fences or anything. It felt kinda weird and slightly creepy.



A Post Indicator Valve, or PIV, at Duke Hospital. I've drawn once of these once before. I don't know why I find these things interesting; on this one I really liked the shadow.



No comments:

Post a Comment