Sunday, August 26, 2018

Raleigh

I had to go to North Carolina for a week, and fortuitously my visit coincided with the monthly meet-up of the Raleigh Urban Sketching Group, organized by Scott Renk, so I joined up with them at CAM Raleigh. The group headed over to the new Union Train Station for two hours of sketching. I'm rarely able to meet up with urban sketcher groups, so it was a nice change of pace.

The station just opened about a month ago. The building is a renovated warehouse, which once housed the Dillon Supply Co. Warehouse. Remnants of its warehouse past remain, like this truss and gantry crane.

















































From the observation deck, I drew this industrial remnant, as rainclouds blew in. I'm not sure what it is, a coal chute maybe?
















































After the meet-up, I wandered around and spotted this charming door.



A few days later, I stopped to draw this huge water tower, near the Raleigh Fairgrounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment