Monday, June 24, 2013

Cars Parked On East 3rd St. Between Avenues A and B

I've spent the past couple of weeks on a project at a theater on 3rd Street in the East Village. I had a lot of free time in the afternoons, and I noticed a lot of nice cars around, so they became my sketching subject for several days. This was somewhat amusing to me because, although I missed out on the darkest days of New York during the 1970s and 80s, when I moved here, Alphabet City was still not a place to park nice cars.


1960 Plymouth Valiant











































Scion FRS






















Later I went to draw the front view, but it moved after I started it. Thanks a lot, Scion FRS.






















BMW Z4 301






















Old VW bugs are the funnest cars to draw, as seen here, but the modern ones are cool, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment